• Collection Boxes: Set up collection boxes or bins in every classroom. There are several ways you can do this:
1. We will send you small boxes to set out in each classroom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and how many boxes you need.
2. Have a group of students or specific class CREATE the boxes for collection.
3. Get Bins (or have them donated), print our logo sticker and watch the bins fill all year! Logo stickers are available for printing at the end of this document.
• Flyers: We can supply flyers to post around your school and community or for your own newsletters and packets. We also suggest having your students create posters to spread the word about your school’s participation in The Crayon Initiative!
• Shipping: You can send your crayon donations at any time. In many cases, schools begin collecting as a year-long project. Then, at the end of the school term when it is time for classroom clean-up, they go about boxing and sending the year’s collection. The easiest and most cost efficient method for shipping crayons to us is with USPS Flat Rate Boxes. For a large school, collections over the entire school year from both classrooms and crayons brought in from home, the shipping costs with the Large Flat Rate Boxes should be in the $50 – $100 range. These boxes hold upwards of 25 pounds of crayons if stuffed well! We suggest reaching out to local restaurants or other interested companies or organizations to sponsor your school’s collection by donating/paying for shipping.
Download the pdf with all the information on the School Program Guide or continue with the following links: